2019 is about to start and we all are set to say “Good-bye 2018”. Year ending and celebrating the new year is always full of energies and everyone is in full-swing holiday party mode. Most of us make a new year resolution but forget to implement by setting goals. What is the most common mistake we make is, mostly we forgot to make realistic and achievable goals and fall in the trap of old habits.
How to make 2019 a great year? set realistic goals
Do not think about the celebrities who died in 2018 or the coolest smart gadgets launched in 2018. Do a reality check, a deep inside check and compare
– where you were standing last year?
– what you were thinking when 2018 was started?
– what actions you took and what were the results.
– Did you follow a proper plane?
– Most importantly, when you were set goals did you follow a reality check as if they were too realistic or unrealistic?
What Psychology suggests is to ask five questions when you set goals:
- Think about the inspiration behind your goals. What are the motives, why you want to setup and achieve some? What’s in it for you.
- Categories and prioritize them as your personal, professional, economic, and social goals and pick the top one’s you need to focus or the one that is interlinked with the most goals within these categories.
- Understand the current situation and where you stand today. By realizing the real situation and knowing the strong and weak points prior to set your goals will always help you to achieve them with great success.
- Think carefully and partially before you set up goals. Do not set goals driven by emotions or under a temporary change of thoughts but think about the long term and positive implications and outcomes of your goals.
- Think, Re-think, Evaluate and Re-Evaluate, all this is very important for you to keep yourself aligned, motivated and follow a successful journey towards your set goals.
A very happy new year of 2019 to all of you out there. Keep spreading the love.